I’ve been in such a reading slump lately and I always find that tag posts are a great way to get me thinking about books again. So, I had a little root around online and came across this tag, originally started by Bubbly Books and thought I’d give it a go!
🌸 Answer the eleven questions provided by the blogger who tagged you.
🌸 Come up with eleven new questions of your own!
🌸 Tag 5 new bloggers!
🌸 Mention the blogger who tagged you and have fun!!
1) If you could date a fictional character who would it be and why?
Definitely Travis Parker from The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. He’s the perfect mix of jokey, commanding and kind (plus, he’s super cute).
2) If you were to go on a date with said fictional character where would you go and what would you do?
Well, in the book, Travis has his own little boat so probably something on the water, maybe a cute picnic or something!
3) Who is your favourite ship/couple?
Riley and Beck from The Demon Trappers series by Jana Oliver will always have a special place in my heart! Talk about a slow burn, it took them three and a bit books to get together but it was perfect 😍
4) Name a ship/couple that you hated.
It has to be Zoey and her three different boyfriends in the House of Night series by P C and Kristin Cast. I forget which book it’s in but she’s seeing a human, another vampire and her teacher all at the same time and it always annoyed me 😂
5) Name a book that had the classic enemies to lovers trope.
This is probably one of my favourite romance tropes and the one that springs to mind is Louise and Reid from Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin. Witch and witch hunter definitely makes for an interesting romance!
6) Name a book that had some insta-love.
I’m not really one for insta love, I much prefer a slow burn! I’m going to change the question to my favourite slow burn ship which has to be Vasya and Morozko from the Winternight series by Katherine Arden – waiting two and a bit books for a first kiss always gets me 🤩
7) Name a book with a light, cute relationship.
With the recent release of Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer, I’m back on my twelve year old Twilight hype so I’d say Esme and Carlisle Cullen. You don’t see a lot of them but they seem like an adorable couple.
8) Name a book with a relationship that made you cry.
Easily Hetty and Walter in People Like Us by Louise Fein. I won’t spoil anything but I cried so much reading this!
9) Name a book without/or with very little romance.
I’d say Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams. The book itself was brilliant but despite there being some talk of relationships, I’d strongly say that there was no romance involved.
10) If you could delete one ship from a book who would it be and why?
Probably Emily and Joe from No Big Deal by Bethany Rutter. Now, the relationship was a key part of the plot and was important in Emily’s journey but I couldn’t help but hate him the whole time – she deserved so much better! 😂
11) What’s your newest favourite ship?
Hmm, probably Pip and Ravi from A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson. They make a super cute detective team!
1) Who is your all time favourite ship?
2) What ship do you hate the most?
3) If you had to write a fanfic for one ship, who would it be and what would happen?
4) If you could date one fictional character, who would it be?
5) Which two characters from different books do you ship together?
6) Is there a ship that you love that isn’t canon?
7) Which ship brought you to tears?
8) Who would you cast as your favourite ship in a movie/TV show?
9) Name a ship that is born from a trope? (enemies to lovers, friends to lovers, etc.)
10) Name a ship that you do/would mourn the end of.
11) Name a book/series with multiple good ships.
What did you think? Do we ship any of the same couples? I’d love to know!